- Can we make 2 people attack one target at once?
UnstableVoltage:Yes, it’s on the drawing board.
- I doubt there will be anything like this, but will there be a form of multiplayer for the game?
UV: MP was planned for early development, but was later set aside do to lack of interest after the features survey. Early versions of the pre-alpha build had a PvP mode (to aid with testing before the first AI was added). It is possible that some form of MP could come later, after release - but our focus is on making a great single player experience.
- About the campaign length. Is it going to be a long one, leaving you with a complete experience like the original XCOMs or is it going to be a shorter one, targeting mostly at re-plays like the modern ones?
JG: The campaign will most likely be a long one - but we don't want it to feel too grindy. We will see when we start testing in thoroughly.
- Replayability: Are you planning New Game Plus, when you start with squad of experienced veterans from previous playthrough? Or perhaps some kind of Hall of Fame with in-game trophy system for special achievements?
JG: We haven't considered starting the game with experienced veterans from a previous playthrough - it might be an interesting mode, but it may also upset the idea of discovery through research.
- What difficulty settings can we expect to see in the full game, and how big of a skill gap will be between them?
- In regards to difficulty, what will be the method for increasing the difficulty between settings? For example, linearly, as enemy units have scaled health or friendly units reduced damage? Will the enemies implement different strategies or abilities at higher difficulties? Will there be certain mutations or enemy types that only make an appearance higher difficulties? Will the virus mutate and iterate faster at higher difficulties? Or something else entirely?
JG: We have not decided what the default difficulty settings will be, but there will be an element of difficulty adaptation to the player, using the mutation system.
- Any plans for multiple game modes? Ex. Story Campaign & rotating Scenario Map with leaderboard scores.
JG: We haven't decided on extra game modes yet - our focus is on the main campaign.
- Is the game going to feature or storyline like the new XCOMs or will it be more like the first XCOMs ?
JG: The game will be a bit more like the original XCOM in its 'open worldy' feel, but there will also be many story elements - not all of which the player can reveal in just one play through.
- How many casualties we are expected to take per campaign? Less than 10 like Xcom? About 30-40 like old x-com? Or somewhere in between?
JG: As for the casualty rate, I think we would be looking at something in between old and new XCOM.
- Will there be a way to please all of the factions to maximize all possible options, tech, and more or less get 100% for everything in the game?
Allen Stroud: Probably not, as this would deny the benefit of the choices you make. We did cover the faction alliance question in the Lavecon Q and A when someone asked if you could play as the different factions. We want the in game decision to be meaningful and have specific narrative and gameplay consequences.
Julian Gallop: In the case of Phoenix Point, however, you will need to make some choices that take you down one path while forsaking efforts in others.
- So we know New Jericho is going to be using ramped up traditional weaponry, and Synedrion is going to use high tech weaponry, what is the planned theme for the Disciples of Anu’s weaponry?
Allen Stroud: The concept art gives a clear indication of this as do the stories. Many disciples are survivors of the virus who have mutated owing to infection. This forms the basis of their specialist knowledge - AS
- When can we expect a dedicated forum for PP discussion?
Phoenix Point / Snapshot Games Forums: https://forums.snapshotgames.com/ | Discord: https://discord.gg/phoenixpoint
- Will the human animation be any better than it is? For now there’s almost no animation.
UnstableVoltage:Yes, the current animations are just placeholder. We’re working on animations in the current development phase, which we should hopefully be able to show at the end of this 3 month block. They most likely won’t be final or polished, but you will start to see more lifelike animation.