This page will contain links to news articles and features produced by media organisations.
7th April 2018:
- X-Com spiritual successor Phoenix Point is doing $100k per month in pre-orders https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/04/07/x-com-spiritual-successor-phoenix-point-is-doing-100k-per-month-in-pre-orders/
19 February 2018:
- PC Gamer - Julian Gollop shows off pincer-wielding boss monsters in new Phoenix Point footage https://www.pcgamer.com/julian-gollops-shows-off-pincer-wielding-boss-monsters-in-new-phoenix-point-footage/
01 September 2017:
- Game Watcher covers the latest Developer Update detailing the Geoscape, Havens, Realistic Ballistics, new Snapshot Games employees and CEO Julian Gollop's talk at EGX, 'Julian Gollop's XCOM successor Phoenix Point shows its Geoscape map, 4X-style exploration and ballistics'
- Only Single Player has their say on the latest Developer Update, 'Each Phoenix Point Campaign Will Be Different'
27 June 2017:
- PCGamesN interviews Snapshot Games CEO Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point, 'How the XCOM remake has influenced original creator Julian Gollop's return to the genre'
7 June 2017:
- Only Single Player covers the completion of the fund raising campaign, 'Phoenix Point Fig Campaign Wraps Up'
6 June 2017:
- IGN in an exclusive deal reveals the Phoenix Point game play video, 'PHOENIX POINT BOSS BATTLE GAMEPLAY REVEALED'
27 May 2017:
- Only Single Player covers Phoenix Point reaching its first stretch goal! 'XCOM Creator’s Phoenix Point Passes First Stretch Goal'
12 May 2017:
- Scififantasy Network interviews Phoenix Point writer Allen Stroud on his work for the game, 'Phoenix Point Far Beyond Its Goal. Can They Better X-Com?'
06 May 2017:
- PCGamesN covers the RPG Codex interview from 05 May 2017, 'Squads in Phoenix Point will contain as many as 16 soldiers, says creator Julian Gollop'
05 May 2017:
- RPG Codex have a chat to Julian Gollop about turn based strategy and Phoenix Point, 'RPG Codex Interview: Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point'
04 May 2017:
- Forbes is bullish about #PhoenixPoint, 'Phoenix Point Surpasses Crowdfunding Goal And Is Looking Like 'X-COM' On Steroids'
- GamingOnLinux notes reaching the initial funding target, 'Phoenix Point is now fully funded, should be on Linux with a same-day release'
02 May 2017:
- GameReactor marks reaching the initial funding goal & the setting of stretch goals, 'Phoenix Point has hit its funding target'
- GamesIndustry.biz on #PhoenixPoint reaching its funding goal and adding stretch goals, 'Julian Gollop's Phoenix Point funded within a week'
- Geek Snack article covering #PhoenixPoint reaching its initial funding goal, 'X-COM Spiritual Successor Phoenix Point Gets Fully Funded Via Fig in Just a Week'
- IGN video news covers Phoenix Point, 'X-COM CREATOR'S PHOENIX POINT HITS CROWDFUNDING TARGET, ADDS STRETCH GOALS - IGN NEWS''
- PCGamesN on the great news the initial funding target has been reached, 'Phoenix Point fully funded - XCOM creator's new game gets half a million dollars and rising'
- Polygon on reaching the funding goal, 'X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix Point hits $500K crowdfunding goal'
01 May 2017:
- Gamespot on getting funded and the stretch goal announcement, 'XCOM Creator's Next Game Hits Crowdfunding Target, Stretch Goals Announced'
30 April 2017:
- Big Boss Battle covers Phoenix Point reaching 90% funding, 'Phoenix Point Passes 90% Funding on FIG; Factions & Lore Information Begins to Surface'
- Only Single Player mentions the Phoenix Point campaign in its highlights reel, 'Indie Highlight Reel – April 30, 2017'
29 April 2017:
- Crowdfund Insider covers the campaign so far, 'Update: Snapshot Games’ “Phoenix Point” Nears $450,000 Just Days After Fig Campaign Debut'
- Geek Reply features news of the fund raising, 'Phoenix Point, the Spiritual Successor to X-COM, Can Be Backed on Fig'
- Kotaku AU raves, 'Phoenix Point Is The Fusion Of XCOM And Fallout We All Want'
28 April 2017:
- GameBanshee reports on the campaign's progress, 'Phoenix Point Campaign Updates #2-3'
- Fextralife's piece on the Fig campaign, 'Phoenix Point Preview: X-COM Creator Goes Back To The Roots'
- Jonas Kyratzes Blog, Phoenix Point lead co-writer Jonas Kyratzes pens a blog on XCOM & joining the team, 'From X-Com to Phoenix Point'
26 April 2017:
- Fortress of Solitude covers the campaign launch, 'XCOM CREATOR’S NEW GAME ‘PHOENIX POINT’ SEEKING CROWDFUNDING'
- Game Zone Next reports on the campaign, 'Original XCOM Creator's New Game Phoenix Points Heads to Crowdfunding'
- gamesindustry.biz interviews Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point, 'There is no Plan B'
- IGN writes about the campaign launch, 'X-COM CREATOR INTRODUCES NEW STRATEGY GAME PHOENIX POINT'
- Nichegamer's article on Phoenix Point, 'PHOENIX POINT, A NEW TURN-BASED TACTICAL STRATEGY GAME BY THE CREATOR OF X-COM'
- Technobuffalo covers the launch, 'XCOM creator turns to crowdfunding for new game Phoenix Point'
- The Zero Review looks at Phoenix Point, 'X-COM CREATOR BEGINS FIG CAMPAIGN FOR HIS NEW GAME, PHOENIX POINT'
- US Gamer's report on the Fig campaign, 'X-COM Designer Returns To the Genre With Phoenix Point'
25 April 2017:
- Digital Trends writes about the launch, 'ORIGINAL X-COM DESIGNER CROWDFUNDS A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR, ‘PHOENIX POINT'
- Eurogamer Video discussing Phoenix Point and XCOM, '3 ways Phoenix Point feels like the original X-COM (and 4 ways it doesn't)'
- Gamerevolution's article on the campaign, 'XCOM Spiritual Successor Phoenix Point Announced, Will Be Crowdfunded'
- Gamespot's piece on the launch, 'XCOM Creator's New Game Heads For Crowdfunding, Off To A Fast Start'
- GamingOnLinux covers the launch, 'Phoenix Point from the original creator of X-COM is now crowdfunding on Fig'
- Glixel interviews Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point, 'Gollop launched the 'X-COM' franchise in 1994 – now he's back with a crowdfunded evolution of the formula'
- Hardcore Gamer's piece on the launch, 'X-Com Creator’s New Game, Phoenix Point has a New Fig Campaign and Video'
- IGN talks to Julian Gollop on the launch, 'X-COM CREATOR INTRODUCES NEW STRATEGY GAME PHOENIX POINT'
- Only Single Player marks the campaign going live, 'Snapshot Games’s Phoenix Point Campaign Officially Live'
- PCGamer on the launch, 'See first gameplay of the new tactics game from X-Com creator Julian Gollop'
- PCGamesN writes about the launch, 'X-COM’s original creator is crowdfunding a spiritual sequel called Phoenix Point'
- Polygon's interviews Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point, 'Phoenix Point's Fig campaign promises new take on classic X-COM formula'
- Rock Paper Shotgun interviews Julian Gollop on the launch, 'Phoenix Point is now crowdfunding: we spoke to Julian Gollop about standing out in a post-XCOM world'
- Shacknews takes note of the launch, 'X-COM-Inspired Phoenix Point Kicks Off Fig Crowdfunding Drive'
- UnstableVoltage interviews Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point, 'Phoenix Point Discussion with Developer Julian Gollop - creator of X-Com'
- Venturebeat covers the launch, 'Inspired by X-COM, Snapshot Games is creating Phoenix Point for fall 2018'
- VG24/7 covers the launch, 'X-COM creator’s Phoenix Point has landed on crowdfunding service Fig'
29 June 2016
- Eurogamer interviews Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point, 'We ask the creator of X-COM about his next game, Phoenix Point'
14 June 2016
- Rock Paper Shotgun covers Phoenix Point's announcement, 'Phoenix Point: Every Detail Of The X-COM Creator’s Return To The Genre'